Last revision: 24/07/2019
1. Data Controller
Samer Seaports & Terminals S.r.l., with registered office at Porto Franco Nuovo-Riva Traiana Trieste 34123 (TS).
Telephone: +39 040 982841
Fax: +39 040 3229161
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data strings which websites visited by a user send to the user terminal, where they are memorized to then be retransmitted to said sites upon the next visit from the same user. In particular, cookies allow for regular and correct navigation by users on websites, sharing of contents on social networks, navigation in function of the criteria and preferences selected by the user, for example preferred language, as well as to collect statistics on access to websites, such as for example number of accesses to the site and methods of navigation on said sites.
During navigation on a site, the user’s terminal may also receive cookies sent by different sites or web services (so-called “third parties), which could contain some elements (for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to other domain pages) present on the site being visited.
3. Types of cookies and requests for consent to their use
According to current regulations, specific consent of the user to employee cookies is not always required. In particular, no consent is required for:
- “technical cookies”, that those used to the sole purpose of effecting transmission of a communication on an electronic communication network or to the measure as strictly needed to provide a service specifically requested by the user. In other words, these cookies are indispensable to the function of the site or needed to perform the activity requested by the user;
- “analytical cookies” when used directly by the website manager (so-called “first party” or “propriety” cookies) solely to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit their site or, when supplied by third parties, whether suitable instruments have been adopted to reduce possibility of identification (for example, through masquerading significant IP portions);
- “functionality cookies” which allow the user to navigate in function of a series of selected criteria (for example, language or products selected for purchase) to the purpose of improving use of the site.
On the contrary, prior consent of the user is required for:
- “profiling cookies” which are intended to create user profiles and are used to send advertisement messages in line with the preferences evidenced by the user during web navigation;
- “third party cookies”, which are those imposed by domains other than the one indicated in the browser instrument bar or by organisations which do not correspond to the website proprietor.
Furthermore, the various types of cookies differ according to the length of time they dwell on the user’s device. These are usually distinguished in:
– so-called “session cookies” which are automatically cancelled when browser is closed down;
– so-called “persistent cookies” which remain on the user’s device until an established expiry date.
4. Cookies used by www.samerseaports.com
This website uses third party technical and analytical cookies as specified in the below table.
5. How to visualize and modify cookies through your own browser:
The user can select which cookies to authorize, block or cancel (entirely or in part) through specific functions of their own browser. We remind that de-selecting technical cookies may entail that the site cannot be consulted correctly or that certain functions may not be available.
- To disable cookies through Internet Explorer:
- To disable cookies through Firefox:
- To disable cookies through Chrome:
- To disable cookies through Safari:
Last update 27/07/2019